We can’t help but to feel a tad proud of this wonderful review our guest wrote!
“I first discovered Premiere Suites advertised on the City of Victoria’s website, and figured if the City is recommending this organization then it must be good!
I am extremely happy to say that the up front service and administration, and the excellent affordable long-term accommodation provided by Premiere Suites, Victoria deserves the 5-star rating in the true sense of the word!
From the initial point of contact via emails and telephone conversations; the coordination of booking our stay; the signing of the rental agreement; payment of deposit, the presentment of keys, the instructions with regard to the rental accommodation and the final key hand-off- Courtney Hilverda, Reservations Manager, Premiere Suites, Victoria ensured that our stay was exquisite in the true sense of the word! We really appreciated the personal touch (no Call Centres), and the western hospitality that was represented here and how we all felt truly welcomed to such a beautiful City as Victoria! Our thanks and appreciation is also extended to Dennis, who also went the extra mile in order to ensure that we were all settled into our accommodations as comfortably as possible for the month-long stay.
Thanks to all of you for such a marvellous stay! We look forward to our return – same place, same time next year!
All the best!
Bev Streicher and family”
-Dockside Green Synergy, April 2018
Thank you for your kind words and we are thrilled you are coming back again in 2019!
Happy Pride 2018!
July 8th marked an important day for members of the LGBTQ2+ community and their supports. As many as 10,000 celebrated love and diversity in the 25th annual Pride Parade, which kicked off at 11am at Pandora Street & Government. Over 100 colourful floats and groups marched, sang, and danced their way through downtown Victoria and into James bay. MacDonald Park was the gathering place for the Pride Festival, which attracted more than 25,000 supporters. Since the first parade in 1994, the event has not only grown in numbers, but has grown to be more inclusive and offers something for everyone and all ages, from the very young to the very old. Enjoyed by all were the colourful costumes, music and dancing, and a beautiful display of inclusion and community. Premiere was honoured to experience the milestone event in Victoria!
When it comes to accommodating our guests, we know no limits! That is why you won’t be surprised to hear that we have partnered with the Chateau Victoria Hotel & Suites to house our short-term guests. The Chateau Victoria is a great option for our clientele whose stays are less than one week (our minimum stay), or for those requiring just a couple nights accommodation until our extended-stay suites become available.
The Chateau Victoria Hotel has been a local favourite since its construction in 1966. The property is steeped in rich history that dates back to the time the Wilson family owned the land. Long after the last Wilson died, the land sat vacant except for a parrot named Louis, who was named in the will and whose presence kept the property from being sold. Louis’s long life delayed the construction of the hotel for a further 17 years. Eventually the time came when, in 1966, the deteriorating Wilson mansion was demolished and the Chateau Victoria hotel was erected. Before “Vista 18,” the hotel’s restaurant was called the “Parrot House Restaurant” in honour of the parrot Louis.
We just love this story, but what we love even more are the modern suites this hotel provides, with walk-out balconies, kitchenettes, and separate bedrooms. We recommend these suites and will even take care of our guest’s hotel reservations, from start to finish. It’s one of the many services we offer.
A Warm Welcome to the newest member of the Premiere family!
All the staff at Premeire Suites Victoria would like to congratulate Dennis on the new arrival of his baby boy!
This perfect little package was delivered on April 23rd at the Victoria General Hospital, weighing a healthy 7.08 pounds.
With love in our hearts, we welcome you to the world Logan!
Why should I book with Premiere Suites Victoria?
Many housing options are available on today’s market, from hotels to Air B&B, but you won’t find any accommodation providers that offer the convenience, security, comfort, flexibility, and value that Premiere Suites Victoria brings to their guests. Here are just a few of the advantages to booking your accommodation with Premiere Suites Victoria.
Premiere Suite’s Office Assistant, Tracy, has just returned from a trip to the Canary Islands! She has nothing but great things to say about this subtropical island oasis off the coast of Africa and has put together a list of her favourite things about this exotic destination. (All things that made travelling 22 hours with a 3 year old worthwhile!)
10 reasons to travel to the Canary Islands:
1. Beach Haven. Las Palmas on Gran Canaria is said to have one of the world’s best city beaches. Playa de Las Canteras’s sweeping golden sand stretches 3.5 km alongside the city’s promenade and is a popular vacation destination for travellers and locals alike.
2. Family Friendly. Spanish people adore kids, and they are welcome everywhere. You will never feel like a prouder parent, the way your children get doted over. With plenty of family-friendly activities offered on the islands (volcanoes, crocodile rescue parks, aquariums, etc), it is not hard to keep your little ones entertained. Although a bucket and a beach full of sand is an easy and inexpensive way to spend the days and a go-to in our family!
3. Endless tapas bar and quaint bistros. Where in many other parts of the world we eat to sustain, the Spanish make dining a lifestyle. Spain produces a pretty fine wine too!
4. Beautiful landscapes. From deserts to beaches, rich farmland to volcanic moonscapes, these islands see it all. I’ve always been a sucker for a good sunset picture!
5. Brush up on your travellers Spanish. Spain is a great place to practice your Spanish! Locals are happy to converse with you in their native tongue or in English, or a combination thereof. No need to feel lacking in your mastery of the language, people seem genuinely happy to accommodate you in any language and appreciate anyone trying, regardless of your skill level.
6. Gluten-free dining. Take it from a celiac who has done a lot of travelling and eaten a lot of salads on said trips. Some places are just easier than others to travel gluten-free. “Sin Gluten” is not only widely understood, but advertised in many restaurants on the Islands. It is not atypical to see a “Cucina Celiaca” and to find menus clearly marked with gluten-free options. Several gluten-free beers are on offer, including Mahou, Daura Damm, and San Miguel. Salud!
7. Great weather. The island’s geographic location, some 4* from the tropic of cancer and very close to the coast of Africa, means a consistently warm & sunny climate where the year-round temperatures only vary 6 degrees and the average temperature is between 18-24 degrees. Ahhhhh….
8. Architecture. More than just a beach destination, the Canary Islands is home to some architectural gems. The Spanish colonial period brought with it the European Gothic and Neoclassical architecture of the time. Traditional Canarian architecture
9. Manchego & more. Cured meats & cheese, and in abundance – what could be better? Manchego, made from sheep milk and Spain’s most famous cheese, is offered at nearly every tapa bar and restaurant. Majorero comes from the island of Fuerteventura and is reputed to be the best goats cheese in the world. It is even protected under European law with Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status. Try it fresh or fried with fruit or honey.
10. Something for everyone. Whether you are interested in nature, history, architecture, finding nightlife, or just simply sunbathing on the beach, these islands have a little something for everyone to enjoy. Which is why we’ll be back.
Victoria is well known for it’s vibrant character, gorgeous views, and temperate weather. But what it’s probably known best for is its stunning gardens. Throughout all of Victoria, you can find hanging flower baskets, beds of pansies and gardenias, as well as our signature English roses. With the sunshine starting to stream in, we thought it would be helpful to compile some of our favourite gardens to explore throughout the city! Next time you feel like you have nothing to do, check out one of these gorgeous sites. You might even learn something!
While Butchart Gardens is the obvious choice for the #1 spot in Victoria for flowers, we thought that the quiet serenity you can find within the Spring Prelude Gardens should at least be mentioned within the list. With rotating designers and horticulturists, this quaint spot offers a different view from every angle, and is filled with some of your favourite flowers, as well as a few ones you probably have never seen before! Featuring a calming koi-pond, boarded walkways, all while in the comfort of the indoors, this garden is a perfect way to dip into the sweetness of spring.
Another local favourite, though on a smaller scale, the Abkhazi Gardens offer an intimate, refined garden experience. With sloping rocks, endangered Garry Oaks, and diligence that has kept this beautiful establishment open for 40+ years, this garden is perfect for those who need some time to reflect and enjoy nature. Built by a couple who dedicated their lives to cultivating this 1.6 acre lot, the love and passion that goes into maintaining their work is clear. And if you’re in need of some light refreshment, there is a public teahouse on the grounds as well. Little known, but well-loved, this is a sure-fire way to enjoy your afternoon.
Maintained by the University of Victoria, this garden is a wonderful sprawl to explore. The Finnerty Gardens have over 4,000 different trees and shrubs with more than 1,500 rhododendron and azalea plants, as well as much more. It also offers a self-guided walking tour, if you wish to educate yourself about the beautiful eco-system that uVic has helped create. The Gardens themselves are free, and offer trails, as well as grassy nooks to have a picnic in. This space offers a calm energy to those who visit, and the large grounds allow privacy for reflection. Another classic, West Coast garden to explore.
Built in memory of a rose-expert husband, this beautiful Rose Garden is situated in the heart of scenic Oak Bay. While the gardens themselves are small, treating yourself to a leisurely stroll from Oak Bay Avenue to these beautiful gardens is sure to help make the trip worth it. With coffee shops, art galleries, and a pottery studio open to the public, there is much to do within Oak Bay. After you’re finished exploring, head straight down the avenue to these stunning gardens. With over 500 blooms of many varieties, this idyllic slice of Victoria is sure to bring out the romantic within you!
While there are many stunning gardens in Victoria, these are the ones I found to be most enjoyable. Are you a fan of any other gardens of Victoria? Comment below and tell us, or let us know if you visited any of the gardens mentioned above!
Welcome to The Vogue!
We are so thrilled to add The Vogue to our property portfolio! These residences are located in a beautifully restored heritage building, where you can experience the perfect blend of modern building technologies with the romance of old-world design. Once a landmark hotel in the city, the converted “1892 Victoria Hotel” now boasts elegant & modern interiors with original heritage fir beams, soaring ceilings, and lots of great natural light.
The Vogue is centrally located in Victoria’s Old Town, a vibrant urban community and the hub for shopping, dining, and entertainment. Walk one block in any direction and you will have the city at your fingertips – Johnson Street’s trendy fashion strip, Canada’s oldest Chinatown on Fisgard Street, shops and services along Government & Douglas Street, and the picturesque harbour front just one short block West of your suite!
Additionally, building features a private southwest facing rooftop patio that overlooks the city and enjoys ocean and mountain views. Choose the Vogue residences for the quintessential Victoria experience!
A Christmas Lunch at Spinnakers Brewpub
We are so honoured to share a meal with Spinnakers Brewpub’s very own Paul Hadfield! What began as an unexpected drop-by to say hello and “Merry Christmas”, turned into a lovely afternoon shared with dear friends. We know what it takes to run a business and how just how quickly your days fill up, and that is why this impromptu luncheon was so incredible… not to mention the amazing food the talented chefs prepared for us! (Beat salad -YUM, and oysters-OMG). We very highly recommend this incredible gastro brewpub to any one of our friends, family, and guests – and that’s why we provide a beautiful craft beer and cider to welcome each and every one of our guests to their suites.
To this, we wish everyone who makes Spinnakers so great, a very, very, Merry Christmas!
Premiere Suites Proudly Supports the Victoria Hospitals Foundation at the Visions Gala
This year Premiere Suites Victoria had the pleasure of attending the Visions Gala in support of the Victoria Hospitals Foundation. What an incredible event to attend and support! The Visions Gala has been running for 26 years to raise funds for purchasing equipment for Royal Jubilee and Victoria General Hospitals in Victoria. The aim this year was to raise $635,000 for leading edge cardiac equipment in seven areas of cardiac care.
More than 300 community and health care leaders attended this spectacular event at the Fairmont Empress Hotel, which raised an all-time high of $698,000. The night consisted of an exciting live auction where items up for bid included a nature expedition on Newfoundland, a luxury Hawaiian getaway, an Arizona golf vacation, groceries for a year, and so much more. The silent auction included even more travel, artwork, spa packages, and dining & entertainment. We took advantage of the tablets provided to do our bidding over the dinner hour whilst enjoying a gourmet meal. Although we did not take home any auction items, a couple teddy bears from the bear raffle did find loving homes with us! The bear raffle itself was a significant contributor to the event, collecting $16,000 for the cause!
Our fellow Victorian’s continue to give in a big way. Over the course of this 27 year event, $7.8 million has been raised for our two local hospitals. It is an honour to support an organization that works so hard to improve the health care in our community!